Stealing Blinds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poker Forum geared towards positive improvement of all members.

StealingBlinds.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in   Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! Empty  

Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Benjamin02

Staker Points : 3
Horse Points : 0

Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! Empty
PostSubject: Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!    Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 9:44 am

It seems like tons of other forums have an introduce yourself thread.. and we seem to get a few threads per week where newbies introduce themselves.. so let's all do it here

I've been playing poker since I was little, when my uncle would play 5card draw, baseball, and whatever crazy game he could think of. Cards were always the one thing my family always did together.. so I've always had a love of cards. I started playing hold em in October of 2003 when a few friends showed up and said hey get some change together and lets play this card game we learned. I thought it was ok, but not my cup of tea. I played it again, for pretzels this time.. a month later at another friends house.. and this time I was hooked. From then on, my friends and I had a weekly $10 sng... awful structure.. something like 5/10 blinds (that we almost never remembered to raise).. 50,000 starting stack. Games would go like 10 hours... with usually myself and another friend chopping.

In December, I broke my foot playing basketball and was in a cast for 7 months... and that's when poker took over. Play money at first..but then I came across all of the free $50 sites for party poker, and their skins..and I signed up so many times with those, and busted every one. I did them all... 4 free sng's at true poker.. free $10 at VC poker.. free $10 at royal vegas poker and all of it's skins.. I did them all, I did them several times..and I busted every time.

I played play money some more.. until a friend sent me $25 on stars and taught me how to play the micro games... and from then on, my poker life consisted of grinding out a few hundred, cashing it out..starting over. I've always played a mix of sngs cash and mtts.. so I'm competent at all 3, but have huge leaks in all 3 as well... but I find it fun playing different games at different times. Overall, I'm happy with what I've done so far with poker.. having only deposited small amounts twice to take advantage of some crappy bonuses... and now I'm actually giving myself a chance to see what I can do if I give myself a chance in games that aren't super micros.

tl;dr....... gtfo
Back to top Go down
thatldodonkey
Stealing Blinds Promoter
Stealing Blinds Promoter
thatldodonkey

Staker Points : 37

PostSubject: Re: Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!    Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:06 am

Hey there and welcome to the site! We actually already have a 'Member Introduction' thread for this, maybe RV can move this there for ya... anyhow welcome and good luck!!
Back to top Go down
RVCrusher
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
RVCrusher

Staker Points : 4839
Horse Points : 2055

PostSubject: Re: Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!    Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:44 pm

moved Smile
Back to top Go down
TheBeesKnees

Staker Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!    Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Wow, most detailed member introduction I've seen. Even if it was a copy and paste from other forums you joined, lol. Welcome to the site!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!    Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself! Empty

Back to top Go down

Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!
Page 1 of 1