Stealing Blinds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poker Forum geared towards positive improvement of all members.

StealingBlinds.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Would anyone fold second nuts? Empty  

Would anyone fold second nuts?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBeesKnees

Staker Points : 8
Horse Points : 0

Would anyone fold second nuts? Empty
PostSubject: Would anyone fold second nuts?   Would anyone fold second nuts? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 4:52 am

My friend and I were arguing over this, and I thought he was freaking ridiculous. This is Omaha hi. Flop comes A55, and he has AAXX. Heads up, and he gets raised. He's saying he'd never reraise because the other guy might have quads. I'm not a math genius, but holding the best boat / second best nuts has to be +EV in the long run to get all your chips in. Many people think having just one 5 is good enough. More than likely, he has A5. For the sake of this post, assume flop is rainbow and a straight flush wheel is impossible, like it would really matter anyway.
Back to top Go down
GarlicButter
Admin

Staker Points : 65

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone fold second nuts?   Would anyone fold second nuts? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:25 pm

i guess it depends on how high the stakes are and how tight the other guy is. it still would be really really hard to fold aces full in any situation. there's only 1 specific hand that beats it, 55xx. i don't the probability numbers for him to have that, but it has to be plus ev to get em in. and hey, if he has 55, you still 2 chances to hit the last A
Back to top Go down
iSuckOutOnU
Stealing Blinds Promoter
Stealing Blinds Promoter
iSuckOutOnU

Staker Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone fold second nuts?   Would anyone fold second nuts? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:26 pm

I don't see how you don't it in on a flop of A55 when holding AAxx. It's just like the 'ol saying, of how often are you going to lay down KK preflop? It's happened, but very rarely (or for me at least, i'm getting it in pretty much everytime). GLGL
Back to top Go down
thatldodonkey
Stealing Blinds Promoter
Stealing Blinds Promoter
thatldodonkey

Staker Points : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone fold second nuts?   Would anyone fold second nuts? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Fold second nut flush or straight all the time when obvious someone has the A. Here however folding is never an option, unless your house and kids are on the line maybe. Just call if the pot is super huge and villian does not appear phased by full house possibility, but if we are running from quads every time we hold a boat then whats the point of playing really?
Back to top Go down
thatldodonkey
Stealing Blinds Promoter
Stealing Blinds Promoter
thatldodonkey

Staker Points : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone fold second nuts?   Would anyone fold second nuts? EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:58 pm

iSuckOutOnU wrote:
I don't see how you don't it in on a flop of A55 when holding AAxx. It's just like the 'ol saying, of how often are you going to lay down KK preflop? It's happened, but very rarely (or for me at least, i'm getting it in pretty much everytime). GLGL

Lol, I did fold KK pre just this morning!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would anyone fold second nuts?   Would anyone fold second nuts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would anyone fold second nuts?
Page 1 of 1