Stealing Blinds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poker Forum geared towards positive improvement of all members.

StealingBlinds.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Bankroll Verification Empty  

Bankroll Verification

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RVCrusher
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
RVCrusher

Staker Points : 4839
Horse Points : 2055

Bankroll Verification Empty
PostSubject: Bankroll Verification   Bankroll Verification EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:52 am

We are implementing a bankroll verification system. It's a pretty simple concept, but here's how it will work.

Please note that bankroll verifications should NOT be taken as any sort of guarantee against a roll. They are simply another step to defend against rollers and protect Stakers investments

WHY WOULD I NEED TO VERIFY MY BANKROLL?

There are two situations where you would need to verify a bankroll:

1) If you're starting a new BAP and have other existing BAPs still running, you MUST verify the bankroll of those BAPs before you can start collecting funds for a new one. You are responsible for arranging this bankroll check.

2) If a member requests a bankroll check of your existing BAP. You'll get a PM if this happens.

HOW DO I VERIFY MY BANKROLL?

To verify a bankroll on PokerStars, the easiest method is to request a player audit. To do so, log into Stars, go to Requests >> Playing History Audit and request one for the current day. Choose a generic password for opening the zip file, as you'll need to provide it to us. When you get the email from Stars with the link for downloading the audit, PM the link and password to any mod online.

To verify your bankroll on other sites, or if you don't want to request an audit, you can arrange to use a free program such as Skype or Teamviewer so that a mod / admin can view your screen. Please have all relevant windows / sites open before starting the session.

or

You can sit at a cash table with the funds that you should have for your BAPs. Be sure to SIT OUT so you don't accidentally post blinds, etc. You should then PM all mods who are online, or post in SO, requesting a verification. Please let mods know what site / table you're sitting at so they can find you quickly.

HOW DO I USE SKYPE / TEAMVIEWER

Skype share - Select the contact (a mod or admin) in your contact list. In the chat window, below the message screen, is a menu link titled "share".

Start a call with that contact and once they've accepted, click the share menu item and select "Share your screen". Continue to chat with the mod / admin to help guide them through what you're showing your screen.

TeamViewer - Download Teamviewer here. Once you've got it installed (it's free), find a mod or admin who's online and can use Teamviewer (no good on mobile devices).

Open teamviewer. On the right-hand-side there's an area for "Create Session." Ask the mod for their ID and Password.

- Select "presentation" - NOT remote support.
- Enter their ID in the ID field
- Click connect to partner

Continue to chat with the mod / admin to help guide them through what you're showing your screen.

WHAT IF NO MOD IS AVAILABLE TO VERIFY?
Then wait. There are very few windows of time where there's not a mod or admin online.

WHAT IF MY FUNDS ARE NOT ON A POKER SITE?
Generally speaking, they should be. Below are two exceptions:

- All or part of the bankroll is in an ewallet. In this case, you must arrange to use Teamviewer.

- The bankroll is for a live event. In this case you must use Teamviewer if the bankroll is in an ewallet; if the bankroll is in cash, a photograph with some identifying information will do the trick.

WHAT IF I DON'T VERIFY MY BANKROLL?
You generally have 24-48 hours from the time you receive the request to make arrangements with a mod or admin verify your bankroll. Failure to make arrangements within a reasonable time frame will lead to gear.

The type of gear assigned will be determined on a case-by-case basis and can range from HOP warnings to DNS*.

HOW DO I REQUEST A BANKROLL VERIFICATION ON A PLAYER?
You must be a backer in the BAP in question to request verification. Your verification request is anonymous.

We ask that members not abuse the Anonymous BR Verification system. You should only request anonymous BR Checks if you have a suspicion that something is wrong or evidence that there is a problem.

MY BANKROLL WAS VERIFIED, BUT THE STATUS STILL SAYS NOT VERIFIED. WHAT DO I DO?
PM a mod or admin with a link to the verification and we'll handle it.
Back to top Go down

Bankroll Verification
Page 1 of 1