Stealing Blinds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poker Forum geared towards positive improvement of all members.

StealingBlinds.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  180 strat. Empty  

180 strat.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ashley
Stealing Blinds Promoter
Stealing Blinds Promoter
ashley

Staker Points : 10
Horse Points : 250

180 strat. Empty
PostSubject: 180 strat.   180 strat. EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:55 am

Formulaic play: Early game:SMALL PAIRS:

10/20-25/50, 22-tt (limp in EP if its folded

to us). In Early or middle pos. its ok to

call a 3x bet, because were in position to

the raiser, and becasue others might call

behind us. If someone raises behind us, we

fold. So the most we get in with and have to

dump is 3X.

You want many people in the pot when

limping, so you can limp late, if there are

others in the pot. If youre on the button,

and its folded to you, it doesnt help a lot

to limp, because youre not likely to get the

bb's stack, if we hit our set. People will

stack off early in 2$ 180s with hands like

AK vs. out set....

If you get to a flop with like 99, TT, be

very careful, cuz you can go broke to

overpairs. Only go with it unless you flop a

set.

In LP, fold, its fine to raise with 8-TT,

but 77 or below in LP, fold, because we want

to hit a set, and because weve only limped

in, in EP were going to be very strong

against a late pos. caller, raiser.
Pump it or dump it.
Check raise sets, but it can be better to

just bet for value

3 groups: Small pairs22-TT
Big Pairs JJ-AA
Big Hands, AK AQ.

AK and AQ: (Aj is later, when youre more advanced)
Fold every hand preflop thats not a pair or AK AQ.

Raise AK, no matter how many people raise in front of you. GET IT IN. Raise, if the flop comes AK or a Flush draw, were getting it in. (same w/ AQ, unless theres a K on the board)
If the flop comes down rainbow, no straight draws, its ok to take one stab at the pot....if the turn doesnt help us...we bail out. Bet should be about 60% of the pot. Cbetting works best if its one on one in the pot. Multiway its more problematic.

The diff bt AK and AQ: If AQ is limped to me, I raise, if its raised to me, FLAT. Were happy to raise AK. If its raised to us, we flat, and someone reraises, we fold, or if someone shoves....FOLD!

JJ-AA: Play them the same. Raise, reraise, never fold! EX: we have JJ, flop comes w/ a KQ or A, use your cbet, and intuition to determine if the guy has it, or not. Most of the time, we need to get it in.

AA, KK, never fold..no matter what... even in multiway pots, get it in with AA,KK...

(remember, if we have to fold, its ok, as long as we keep enough of a stack so that we have fold equity, we can always shove later, to stay alive)

*** Very fundamental: WHen we get our $ into a pot in the in the first 3 blind levels, we need to have a strong hand, with the greatest chance to double up as possible. This will keep you out of sticky situations, when you go in w/ the strongest hands.
Back to top Go down
queenofhearts
queenofhearts

Staker Points : 0
Horse Points : 0

180 strat. Empty
PostSubject: Re: 180 strat.   180 strat. EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:50 pm

... it was my real big problem, about my AK and AQ... i do fold my AQ sometimes,but not AK.. lol!!! i often lost half or 3/4 of my stacks near final table... i ALWAYS shove my AK or AQ... now, i know... what about 90 to thousands of man (scheduled games) and bounty knockout...??? i often play KO and sched,as usuall my opponent took a lot of my chips or all my chips because of my AK... i need some tips about KO and sched... thankz!!!
Back to top Go down

180 strat.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stealing Blinds :: Stolen Antes :: Strategy and Tips :: NL Holdem / Limit Holdem-
Jump to: