Poker Forum geared towards positive improvement of all members.
 
StealingBlinds.Com  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in    

Share | 
 

 $115 Win River Tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ollyolyy
Stealing Blinds Promoter
Stealing Blinds Promoter
avatar

Posts : 634
Staker Points : 195
Horse Points : 50
Join date : 2011-08-01
Location : roumania

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:28 am

thatldodonkey wrote:
OH man!!! I just found that the Gold Country Casino I was telling you about is having almost the same 10k turny tomorrow!!! http://www.goldcountrycasino.com/casino/poker_parlor/poker_parlor.htm

Sooooo temmpting to go to that one since its like 45min closer, but I think ill still try the win river one since Ive never been there.... Sad too many poker decisions!!!

Already missing the 100 to 100k also Sad Sad Sad

well..if u asking me i think win rivers will be better bounce bounce Basketball and i also think been more players it,s better first for you cose u should getting more house moneys and u,ll never go there cheers cheers cheers Embarassed Embarassed pig pig alien alien albino albino cherry anyway thanks for any pictures you will post here,regardless they are at the tables or with you and Justin!!you can even flash u together,that we could see u live there in tournament atmosphere lol! lol! lol! cat cat and last but not least I will want to both to wish u good luck and return with much money!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
RVCrusher
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
avatar

Posts : 1076
Staker Points : 4839
Horse Points : 2055
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Redding

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:23 pm

ollyolyy wrote:
thatldodonkey wrote:
OH man!!! I just found that the Gold Country Casino I was telling you about is having almost the same 10k turny tomorrow!!! http://www.goldcountrycasino.com/casino/poker_parlor/poker_parlor.htm

Sooooo temmpting to go to that one since its like 45min closer, but I think ill still try the win river one since Ive never been there.... Sad too many poker decisions!!!

Already missing the 100 to 100k also Sad Sad Sad

well..if u asking me i think win rivers will be better bounce bounce Basketball and i also think been more players it,s better first for you cose u should getting more house moneys and u,ll never go there cheers cheers cheers Embarassed Embarassed pig pig alien alien albino albino cherry anyway thanks for any pictures you will post here,regardless they are at the tables or with you and Justin!!you can even flash u together,that we could see u live there in tournament atmosphere lol! lol! lol! cat cat and last but not least I will want to both to wish u good luck and return with much money!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers


ughhh forgot to do this was gonna take a picture with us for u guys but forgot Sad sry


im out but nunslaughter is still in Smile

_________________
<br>
Back to top Go down
thatldodonkey
Stealing Blinds Promoter
Stealing Blinds Promoter
avatar

Posts : 121
Staker Points : 37
Horse Points : 0
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:36 am

played for over 6 hours, made it pretty deep but no itm for me Sad... will post longer report and maybe some pics in the morn
Back to top Go down
RVCrusher
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
avatar

Posts : 1076
Staker Points : 4839
Horse Points : 2055
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Redding

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:30 am

thatldodonkey wrote:
played for over 6 hours, made it pretty deep but no itm for me Sad... will post longer report and maybe some pics in the morn

hey you made a great run, sucks to hear about your bust hand Sad ill let you tell it i wont spoil it Wink and ya the blind levels get a lil funnky later on in those tourneys

i just called apparently theres 2 tables left right now and i called at 9:20 lol

_________________
<br>
Back to top Go down
thatldodonkey
Stealing Blinds Promoter
Stealing Blinds Promoter
avatar

Posts : 121
Staker Points : 37
Horse Points : 0
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:36 am

RVCrusher wrote:
thatldodonkey wrote:
played for over 6 hours, made it pretty deep but no itm for me Sad... will post longer report and maybe some pics in the morn

hey you made a great run, sucks to hear about your bust hand Sad ill let you tell it i wont spoil it Wink and ya the blind levels get a lil funnky later on in those tourneys

i just called apparently theres 2 tables left right now and i called at 9:20 lol

Ya I can believe how long I played for nothin
Back to top Go down
RVCrusher
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
avatar

Posts : 1076
Staker Points : 4839
Horse Points : 2055
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Redding

PostSubject: What happened for me in the tournament...   Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:03 am

What happened for me in the tournament...

Well, i was already bought in for this tournament so i kind of took my sweet time in the morning and therefore was a lil late but to my suprise i only missed 1 round, so sat down to my 10k stack well 9925 stack..and there was a $5 add on for 1k more so im sitting with 11925 and im playing pretty tight, also not really getting any cards, limping a little bit but not really chipping up or down, and it was either the 6th-7th hand or so and i pick up QQ one+UTG and blinds are 50/100, i make it 350, and one person folds, this guy ive played with before in cash games and in tournaments at this very casino, ships his whole stack in! like 15k+! cuz he did the add on at the beginning...and it goes fold around to me and im thinking wow..would he really do this with AA or KK? and i actually said it out loud and two guys across from me actually go "ya...he would" LOL which is like totally out of line saying something in the middle of a hand but i didn't care, nothing like that is going to influence my decision im just saying..so im thinking about it and im like he wouldnt do that with AA or KK because he would want action from me right? i mean the 150 from blinds and my 350 theres only 500 in the middle, why ship ur whole 15k+ in the middle for just a 500 gain? maybe hes trying to get me to call? LOL idk, but i finally called and flipped over my QQ and he said "nh" and flipped over 22, flop was 889 and turn was a 2 Sad i forgot what the river was but it didn't improve my hand lol so after that i rebought and was sitting with 5k and then chipped up to like 6800 or so and just went completely card dead for about an hour or so and finally picked up AQ of hearts in the big blind at 100/200 blinds, small blind raised, i shipped, he called, he showed AK dia and i was crushed, didn't hit and that was the end of my tournament :/ Wish it would of last a little longer but it was fun..Met thatldodonkey at the tournament and looking forward to the next one they have. Decent size turn out today, they reached their cap of 200 players and first place was like $5500.

_________________
<br>
Back to top Go down
RVCrusher
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
avatar

Posts : 1076
Staker Points : 4839
Horse Points : 2055
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Redding

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:04 am

thatldodonkey wrote:
RVCrusher wrote:
thatldodonkey wrote:
played for over 6 hours, made it pretty deep but no itm for me Sad... will post longer report and maybe some pics in the morn

hey you made a great run, sucks to hear about your bust hand Sad ill let you tell it i wont spoil it Wink and ya the blind levels get a lil funnky later on in those tourneys

i just called apparently theres 2 tables left right now and i called at 9:20 lol

Ya I can believe how long I played for nothin

o def. man, i can't keep track of how many tourneys ive played for hours and didn't get anything for it Sad its so brutal, you did well though! a lot better then me Razz lol

_________________
<br>
Back to top Go down
thatldodonkey
Stealing Blinds Promoter
Stealing Blinds Promoter
avatar

Posts : 121
Staker Points : 37
Horse Points : 0
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:03 pm

I have a few pics from the turny but I cant figure out how to host them or whatever, maybe Ill send them to RV and he can post them for us.
Tournament details: 115buyin + 50 rebuy + 5 dealer tip (200 buyins, like 189 addons for a total pot of 29.5k, first payed 8.5k 20 places paid.)
Anyways heres the report: I got there about 10 min before it started and much to my surprise it was nearly full, capped at 200 people, and I got one of the last 8 seats, I heard the cashier tell the person behind me there were 7 seats left!!! So I bought the 115 buyin and 50addon and 5dealer tip for a total starting stack of 18k. The first couple hours I was at a super loose table where stacks were getting shipped left and right but I was stone cold and only won a few pots and went to the first break with 17.5k. After break my table broke and I went to a much tighter table and was able to pic up a few small pots and grow my stack to about 24k at the lunch break. about 130 people left at this point. Realizing that this is gonna be a loooooong turny if im gonna cash. So we come back from lunch and I flop a set pretty soon with 33 and grow my stack to its largest point, about 37k (15K above avg.) with 119 people left. Im feeling decently optimistic at this point but I can see some huge blind increases looming, so we still need to build our stack a bunch. Unfortunatley I went pretty cold except for picking up AK a couple times where I raised and had like half the table reshove and had to fold, one time one guy had AA and the other someone had KK but even they lost to 99 so I basically got smoked anytime I picked anything up. after losing my raises and some blinds I was down to 17k, the next hand the blinds were gonna go to 2-4k so I had about 4bbs, picked up AcQc in the cutoff and shoved it but the BB had KK and I didnt hit and was done. I got the dreaded "I call, how much" response. you know you are smoked when the guy doesnt even care about the amount before he calls lol. Alot of people were going out at that point but I think I got about 78th place... not what I was looking for after sitting through 6+ hours of poker. I do feel pretty good about how deep I made it without ever catching a monster. I did get QQ once and stole the binds with it but never got AA, KK, JJ, tt, and also never flopped anything good other than the set where I made about 15k, but people were doubleing up left n right but I just never got any cards or action. So I feel like with a couple more decent pots I would have been able to cash, and I am pleased that I didnt make and big mistakes or ever really lose any chips other that pre flop raises.
Overall great tournament, about three times bigger than I though it was gonna be, and the biggest live tournament that I have played to date. ( we have small casinos around here)
Anyway was a little bitter about playing all dday for nothing, then came home and made 1500 online so Im feeling pretty good about poker and my game these days!!!
Back to top Go down
ollyolyy
Stealing Blinds Promoter
Stealing Blinds Promoter
avatar

Posts : 634
Staker Points : 195
Horse Points : 50
Join date : 2011-08-01
Location : roumania

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:34 pm

thatldodonkey wrote:
I have a few pics from the turny but I cant figure out how to host them or whatever, maybe Ill send them to RV and he can post them for us.
Tournament details: 115buyin + 50 rebuy + 5 dealer tip (200 buyins, like 189 addons for a total pot of 29.5k, first payed 8.5k 20 places paid.)
Anyways heres the report: I got there about 10 min before it started and much to my surprise it was nearly full, capped at 200 people, and I got one of the last 8 seats, I heard the cashier tell the person behind me there were 7 seats left!!! So I bought the 115 buyin and 50addon and 5dealer tip for a total starting stack of 18k. The first couple hours I was at a super loose table where stacks were getting shipped left and right but I was stone cold and only won a few pots and went to the first break with 17.5k. After break my table broke and I went to a much tighter table and was able to pic up a few small pots and grow my stack to about 24k at the lunch break. about 130 people left at this point. Realizing that this is gonna be a loooooong turny if im gonna cash. So we come back from lunch and I flop a set pretty soon with 33 and grow my stack to its largest point, about 37k (15K above avg.) with 119 people left. Im feeling decently optimistic at this point but I can see some huge blind increases looming, so we still need to build our stack a bunch. Unfortunatley I went pretty cold except for picking up AK a couple times where I raised and had like half the table reshove and had to fold, one time one guy had AA and the other someone had KK but even they lost to 99 so I basically got smoked anytime I picked anything up. after losing my raises and some blinds I was down to 17k, the next hand the blinds were gonna go to 2-4k so I had about 4bbs, picked up AcQc in the cutoff and shoved it but the BB had KK and I didnt hit and was done. I got the dreaded "I call, how much" response. you know you are smoked when the guy doesnt even care about the amount before he calls lol. Alot of people were going out at that point but I think I got about 78th place... not what I was looking for after sitting through 6+ hours of poker. I do feel pretty good about how deep I made it without ever catching a monster. I did get QQ once and stole the binds with it but never got AA, KK, JJ, tt, and also never flopped anything good other than the set where I made about 15k, but people were doubleing up left n right but I just never got any cards or action. So I feel like with a couple more decent pots I would have been able to cash, and I am pleased that I didnt make and big mistakes or ever really lose any chips other that pre flop raises.
Overall great tournament, about three times bigger than I though it was gonna be, and the biggest live tournament that I have played to date. ( we have small casinos around here)
Anyway was a little bitter about playing all dday for nothing, then came home and made 1500 online so Im feeling pretty good about poker and my game these days!!!


Of all this is to remember that you played well you have not luck with a monster and that you have not done any mistake.It is really nice if you think it was a new experience in which you had learned something,you meet many more people than you expected.And as a candy cake you play online and you won in a few hours per month average salary of states!!! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
RVCrusher
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
avatar

Posts : 1076
Staker Points : 4839
Horse Points : 2055
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Redding

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:43 pm

thatldodonkey wrote:
I have a few pics from the turny but I cant figure out how to host them or whatever, maybe Ill send them to RV and he can post them for us.

ya send me the pics and i can post em for ya Smile

_________________
<br>
Back to top Go down
fuhgeddaboudit
Admin
avatar

Posts : 182
Staker Points : 771
Horse Points : 473
Join date : 2011-08-03
Location : brooklyn , New York

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:51 pm

RVCrusher wrote:
What happened for me in the tournament...

Well, i was already bought in for this tournament so i kind of took my sweet time in the morning and therefore was a lil late but to my suprise i only missed 1 round, so sat down to my 10k stack well 9925 stack..and there was a $5 add on for 1k more so im sitting with 11925 and im playing pretty tight, also not really getting any cards, limping a little bit but not really chipping up or down, and it was either the 6th-7th hand or so and i pick up QQ one+UTG and blinds are 50/100, i make it 350, and one person folds, this guy ive played with before in cash games and in tournaments at this very casino, ships his whole stack in! like 15k+! cuz he did the add on at the beginning...and it goes fold around to me and im thinking wow..would he really do this with AA or KK? and i actually said it out loud and two guys across from me actually go "ya...he would" LOL which is like totally out of line saying something in the middle of a hand but i didn't care, nothing like that is going to influence my decision im just saying..so im thinking about it and im like he wouldnt do that with AA or KK because he would want action from me right? i mean the 150 from blinds and my 350 theres only 500 in the middle, why ship ur whole 15k+ in the middle for just a 500 gain? maybe hes trying to get me to call? LOL idk, but i finally called and flipped over my QQ and he said "nh" and flipped over 22, flop was 889 and turn was a 2 Sad i forgot what the river was but it didn't improve my hand lol so after that i rebought and was sitting with 5k and then chipped up to like 6800 or so and just went completely card dead for about an hour or so and finally picked up AQ of hearts in the big blind at 100/200 blinds, small blind raised, i shipped, he called, he showed AK dia and i was crushed, didn't hit and that was the end of my tournament :/ Wish it would of last a little longer but it was fun..Met thatldodonkey at the tournament and looking forward to the next one they have. Decent size turn out today, they reached their cap of 200 players and first place was like $5500.

let me tell you that beat sux and I have had much worse beats in live tourneys much bigger but GOOD GAME RV and you will def do better next time Wink
Back to top Go down
RVCrusher
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
avatar

Posts : 1076
Staker Points : 4839
Horse Points : 2055
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Redding

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:19 am

fuhgeddaboudit wrote:
RVCrusher wrote:
What happened for me in the tournament...

Well, i was already bought in for this tournament so i kind of took my sweet time in the morning and therefore was a lil late but to my suprise i only missed 1 round, so sat down to my 10k stack well 9925 stack..and there was a $5 add on for 1k more so im sitting with 11925 and im playing pretty tight, also not really getting any cards, limping a little bit but not really chipping up or down, and it was either the 6th-7th hand or so and i pick up QQ one+UTG and blinds are 50/100, i make it 350, and one person folds, this guy ive played with before in cash games and in tournaments at this very casino, ships his whole stack in! like 15k+! cuz he did the add on at the beginning...and it goes fold around to me and im thinking wow..would he really do this with AA or KK? and i actually said it out loud and two guys across from me actually go "ya...he would" LOL which is like totally out of line saying something in the middle of a hand but i didn't care, nothing like that is going to influence my decision im just saying..so im thinking about it and im like he wouldnt do that with AA or KK because he would want action from me right? i mean the 150 from blinds and my 350 theres only 500 in the middle, why ship ur whole 15k+ in the middle for just a 500 gain? maybe hes trying to get me to call? LOL idk, but i finally called and flipped over my QQ and he said "nh" and flipped over 22, flop was 889 and turn was a 2 Sad i forgot what the river was but it didn't improve my hand lol so after that i rebought and was sitting with 5k and then chipped up to like 6800 or so and just went completely card dead for about an hour or so and finally picked up AQ of hearts in the big blind at 100/200 blinds, small blind raised, i shipped, he called, he showed AK dia and i was crushed, didn't hit and that was the end of my tournament :/ Wish it would of last a little longer but it was fun..Met thatldodonkey at the tournament and looking forward to the next one they have. Decent size turn out today, they reached their cap of 200 players and first place was like $5500.

let me tell you that beat sux and I have had much worse beats in live tourneys much bigger but GOOD GAME RV and you will def do better next time Wink

ty ya was sick but just brutal cuz i wanted to hang out n play and first place of $5500 aint bad either Smile lol but there will ALWAYS be another tournament

_________________
<br>
Back to top Go down
RVCrusher
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
avatar

Posts : 1076
Staker Points : 4839
Horse Points : 2055
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Redding

PostSubject: Pics from Thatldodonkey :)   Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:33 am

Pics from Thatldodonkey Smile















_________________
<br>
Back to top Go down
ollyolyy
Stealing Blinds Promoter
Stealing Blinds Promoter
avatar

Posts : 634
Staker Points : 195
Horse Points : 50
Join date : 2011-08-01
Location : roumania

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Yeah ok...but was well as pictures to be with you,at the table or together!!!However i,m happy for those pics,thx u guys! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
thatldodonkey
Stealing Blinds Promoter
Stealing Blinds Promoter
avatar

Posts : 121
Staker Points : 37
Horse Points : 0
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:56 pm

ollyolyy wrote:
Yeah ok...but was well as pictures to be with you,at the table or together!!!However i,m happy for those pics,thx u guys! cheers cheers cheers

Ya I just saw RV for a minute and I had to kinda take those pics covertly, they had some security guys around and they werent allowing phone use during hands but I didnt wanna ask about pics so I just took a couple...
maybe during break at the next one we will get a couple better ones!
Back to top Go down
RVCrusher
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
avatar

Posts : 1076
Staker Points : 4839
Horse Points : 2055
Join date : 2011-07-12
Location : Redding

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:59 pm

thatldodonkey wrote:
ollyolyy wrote:
Yeah ok...but was well as pictures to be with you,at the table or together!!!However i,m happy for those pics,thx u guys! cheers cheers cheers

Ya I just saw RV for a minute and I had to kinda take those pics covertly, they had some security guys around and they werent allowing phone use during hands but I didnt wanna ask about pics so I just took a couple...
maybe during break at the next one we will get a couple better ones!


LOL ya they are really stupid about phones and about pictures i dont even ask either i sneak em to Wink LOL

ya next time ill take some to Smile

_________________
<br>
Back to top Go down
ollyolyy
Stealing Blinds Promoter
Stealing Blinds Promoter
avatar

Posts : 634
Staker Points : 195
Horse Points : 50
Join date : 2011-08-01
Location : roumania

PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:05 pm

RVCrusher wrote:
thatldodonkey wrote:
ollyolyy wrote:
Yeah ok...but was well as pictures to be with you,at the table or together!!!However i,m happy for those pics,thx u guys! cheers cheers cheers

Ya I just saw RV for a minute and I had to kinda take those pics covertly, they had some security guys around and they werent allowing phone use during hands but I didnt wanna ask about pics so I just took a couple...
maybe during break at the next one we will get a couple better ones!


LOL ya they are really stupid about phones and about pictures i dont even ask either i sneak em to Wink LOL

ya next time ill take some to Smile


LOL..i agreed! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: $115 Win River Tournament   

Back to top Go down
 
$115 Win River Tournament
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Clint Dunning - University of Ottawa Tournament
» 5th AnnualPanthers/Falcons Boys Senior Basketball Tournament
» 1850 40K Tournament, Sat. Feb 20, at Bookery in Fairborn
» 1500pts Daemonhunters + Grey Knights tournament list.
» North Shore Invitational Tournament Dec. 2-4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Stealing Blinds :: Off Track :: Live Poker-
Jump to: