Stealing Blinds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poker Forum geared towards positive improvement of all members.

StealingBlinds.Com  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Lady Gaga dedicates 'Hair' performance to bullied teen Jamey Rodemeyer Empty  

Lady Gaga dedicates 'Hair' performance to bullied teen Jamey Rodemeyer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RVCrusher
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
Co-Founder/Admin/Staking Admin
RVCrusher

Staker Points : 4839
Horse Points : 2055

Lady Gaga dedicates 'Hair' performance to bullied teen Jamey Rodemeyer Empty
PostSubject: Lady Gaga dedicates 'Hair' performance to bullied teen Jamey Rodemeyer   Lady Gaga dedicates 'Hair' performance to bullied teen Jamey Rodemeyer EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:58 am

Quote :
Sept. 25, 2011, 3:50 PM EST
By Carina Adly MacKenzie
Zap2it

At the iHeartRadio Festival on Saturday in Las Vegas, Lady Gaga dedicated her song "Hair" to Jamey Rodemeyer, the 14-year-old Gaga fan who committed suicide last week after being tormented at school because of his sexual orientation.

"We lost a Little Monster this week," Gaga said, displaying a video of Jamey. His "It Gets Better" video mentioned Gaga and her music several times as he discussed the things that helped him get through the school day.

Before he ended his life, Jamey wrote to Gaga. "@LadyGaga Bye, Mother Monster. Thank you for all you have done, paws up forever," he tweeted.

Tell us on Facebook: What do you think of the Lady Gaga's song dedication?

"I wrote this record about how your identity is really all you've got when you're in school," Gaga said. "So tonight, Jamey, I know you're up there looking at us, and you're not a victim. You're a lesson to all of us. I know it's a bit of a downer, but sometimes the right thing is more important than the music."

During the song, an emotional Gaga turned to the crowd and said, "Bullying is for losers." She's vowed to meet with the president to establish anti-bullying laws. "I will not stop fighting. This must end," she tweeted. "Our generation has the power to end it. Trend it #MakeALawForJamey."

Source : http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=671752&gt1=28102

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1